10) Because we're in a recession and what this economy needs is more people buying gadgets that will be obsolete in six months so that we can employ contract manufacturers in Southeast Asia.
9) AT&T needs more people sucking down its already excellent 3G bandwidth.
8) You know those big, foam "We're #1" fingers that people will be wearing at the Superbowl? Well, now they have a device big enough to accommodate the finger.
7) Apple could make a wireless version of a dead skunk and you're going to buy it, so this one is a no brainer.
6) Because people who have not been willing to pay for content for the past decade will of course now buy a $600 device so that they can now PAY for that content that 10 seconds ago they wanted for free.
5) Remember when Flavor Flav wore big, giant clocks around his neck? Now, he can wear an iPad.
4) You own a 52 inch flat-screen TV. Now you can watch TV on a screen that is 1/10 that size.
3) If you live in the northern half of the country, you can strap it to a broom handle, carry it in your car and use it as an emergency snow shovel.
2) Imagine the looks you'll get when you go jogging with it strapped to your arm.
1) Steve Jobs wants to buy Hawaii and this might just put him over the top.