I read a lot of stuff on the Interweb. There are so many good writers and sources of useful, entertaining and humorous material out there.
After careful refection as to which sites I regularly read, I have decided that my all time favorite for the year is... this one.
That's right. I love reading my own blog, if for no other reason than if not me, who else will bother to read it?
But, I certainly want to acknowledge and send a shout-out to the runner-ups. Perhaps they could aspire to depose my own blog as my top pick for 2010.
In no particular order:
- CBS News, Coop's Corner: While I miss Charlie Cooper at CNET, he has a special flair for pissing off anyone who thinks Sarah Palin is the bee's knees. What's not to like about that?
- CNET's Webware: Always useful and helpful information on Internet-y stuff.
- BrandFlakesForBreakfast: My friend Darryl Ohrt's fun, pithy and quick-reading source for all things advertising, branding and social media.
- New York Times Well blog: As a barely competent amateur triathlete, it's nice to know I have company and to find all sorts of helpful information on how not to get any slower than I already am.
- Technologizer: Editor-in-chief and grand-poobah Harry McCracken is a veteran journalist in the technology industry. His experience, deep-knowledge and irreverent humor all come through loud and clear.
- CNET's Crave: I like gadgets. So does this blog. 'Nuff said.
- Woot!: If you don't know about Woot!, you should. They sell one item each day (not a single item, but many copies of the same item). It's always a good deal and if it sells out, tough luck. But even if you're not buying, the product descriptions are worth the read.
- Romanesko: I'm a media junkie. Have been for 30 years or so. This is my fix.
- Politico: I am also a politics junkie, but only to the extent that it's fun to watch these dim-bulbs step on their own d*cks over and over and over again. (In Larry Craig's case, that might have actually happened...)
- Scotus Blog: All about the Supreme Court. I only added it to make me look all erudite and because I needed one more in order to be able to use the nifty "Top 10" graphic at the top of this entry.
There are probably about a hundred more that I could cite, but these are the ones that leapt to mind in the 14 seconds I spent thinking about it.
I am happy to add others that you suggest, but that would require someone else besides me to be reading this.
Happy New Year.